Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dead cat.

So Monday in Anatomy we were given our disecting project we'll have for this semester... and it's a cat. A big, gassed, preserved, smelly, dead cat. We haven't started cutting it open yet though, we've only prepped it to be disected. First, we had to cut the bag open and let all the fluids from the cat leak into the sink. Then we had to take paper towels and squeeze the paws and head so they would absorb up all the liquids left in the remaining skin and fur that was still attached. Next we had to take a scalpel, cut the skin away from the muscle and tissue, and pull the skin off. When we were cutting the skin off of the cat's head, I screwed up... I accidentally cut off the temporalis muscle so you can now only see the top of the skull, I cut into one of the cat's eye sockets, and I cut through 2 veins. But it's all good. Even though it's super discusting, I'm so excited to disect it...

No comments:

Post a Comment