Tuesday, September 28, 2010

School spirit,

I'm not gonna lie, our student body's school spirit sucks. I've been to a couple games this year and there's been hardly any students there. My 8th grade year, there were always a ton of people at the football games, football games were the place to be Friday nights. We don't even have a student section or anything like that for the students to get more involved in, which is probably why a lot of people don't go to games anymore. For example, I went to the Sadie Hawkins game against Catholic and their student section was packed while hardly any students were there to support Apollo, the only reason people from Apollo were there was to show off their skanky outfits, not to cheer on their football team. And this week is spirit week and hardly anybody is dressing up. Spirit week used to be a huge thing! I mean, I don't go all out but I at least try to dress up a little bit, some people don't even try to. Apollo's school spirit has gone wayyyy down since my freshman year. It doesn't even seem like people are excited about dressing up and looking silly to show spirit anymore. It seems to me that students could care less about winning or losing, and we should care.

No comments:

Post a Comment